Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Nabuhayan

It's Monday again...woke up at 4:30am, bathed... headed for the pier for another boat ride back to Iloilo. Everything at the terminal was a blur to me. All I knew was that I was to board the boat with more than a hundred passengers who go over a thousand things in their heads who would not have taken this early morning trip had there been no work, school or whatever stuff to attend to. Sigh Sigh Sigh...

Gloomy weather today, no big waves though (thank God!). Nonetheless, the lack of sleep and the lingering thoughts of the weekend did make me groggy. I slept for the most part of the trip and woke up just in time for disembarking. Reality slipped into my lucid state with the voices of trisikad, tricycle and taxi drivers offering their services (for a fee of course!). I shook my head even before they could ask. Then I heard one say, "tuyo pa man ni sila" (parang antok pa ata ang mga 'to!) . I smiled and muttered to myself, "correct ka dyan!"

We took a tricycle ride home. When I made it to the front door, I acted in my zombie-like character, grabbed a bite, did my toilet routine, fixed my things, made my way to the office, cleaned my desk and PC then I sat... and stared at my pc... some white noise drowning the early morning office conversations... I need something to perk up my senses... Ah! coffee!





Now, I know I'm alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...