Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Strange Meeting

I will be meeting with a person who was a keeper of my soul until we had some falling out a few months ago. The meeting will be about some impersonal stuff, some things that I needed done, but since I couldn't get someone to do it for the right price, I had to retort to some user-friendly tactics. I'm so so bad.

Anyways, I had a hard time trying to contact the person after I erased all the numbers that I've stored and blocked all the memories that went with it. It was like pushing the last of those stuff the gets its much needed stuffing into the cupboard as a penalty for not serving anymore purpose than collecting dust in your living room. Out of sight, out of mind, until you finally find a useful need for them again in your life.

Kung kagustuhan, maraming paraan. Just like anyone who wants to get things done, it was not difficult, to again get the number from people who moved in the same circle as the person. My cupboard door wasn't made to withstand brute force after all. A little prodding and everything I stashed inside came out and ruled over me again.

The messages were cordial, if not censored. Testing each other's response to the mildest endearments. There was talk of the familiar, but never the specifics. Hence, the meeting at the end of this day.

I've always believe that the best way to prepare for the unexpected is not to prepare for it at all. So we'll see... how things will go... how I will behave... how much repulsion have I for the person with the way things have turned...has the balance been tipped...am I barking at the wrong tree...we'll see...we'll see...

ADDENDUM:

We met without any awkwardness not even with the latest turn of events. Questions were asked and curtly answered. I was straight to the point, you were evading. I give you that.

3 comments:

  1. hi Roxie. so, everything OK with you. i hope so. cheer up girl!

    BTW, you're tagged. Check out the Meme here:
    http://fengguillermobrum.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/the-face-behind-this-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... na curious bigla.... :) :)

    Hugs, Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doing well, actually.

    just some ghosts from the past. all ended well naman. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...