Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Eclipse of the Heart

Here's our picture of the December 10, 2011 total lunar eclipse. It's a first time for our little boy and it fascinated him.

I remember when I was young, lunar eclipse used to be a big thing. I grew up in a house where the doors were closed at seven in the evening. I could not see the sky from my bedroom window. The towering kaimito tree with its flourishing greens covered my view. So when we hear in the news that there will be a lunar eclipse, we had a reason to stay out late at night. And all for a moon that is partially hidden behind a shadow? I did not quite get it. I wish my parents were more creative and told me exaggerated stories about the dragon eating the moon or something, it would have been more interesting. Being outside the house after seven was more interesting for me. Seeing everything glisten in the moonbeam, my neighbors looking up the sky as if waiting for something spectacular to happen, children my age running about chasing one another, it was a sight to behold.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...