Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Boznik by Another Name(s)

I'm calling my son by a different name these days ---- Chikoy, a contraction of Buchikoy, deriving from Botitor (if you're an Ilonggo, you would hate your mom for giving you this nick! LOL) which I sometimes truncate to Boti, a variation for Boz which is, well, the shortcut of Boznik which is very very far off from his real name Jan Benjamin.

He also likes it when I call him baby shark and sing him to sleep in an improv lullaby "sleep my darling baby, my baby is a shark...." then he would cuddle up beside me with matching whimpering sound.

The weirdest!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:02 PM

    my lola used to call me by that name, instead of my nickname butch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds "lambing" that's why I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 PM

    That's ok if your mother stops calling you those names after elementary. But in my case, she still calls me Toto, in her most "lambing" intonation. I dont know if I should be mad or flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor kid... his mother is playing tricks on him...

    hi roxie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ jinoe - i'll keep that in mind lest i suffer the same fate as your mom!

    @random_thinker - i'm just glad he does not realize that yet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...